Spot and the Very Hungry Caterpillar are spreading the love this Valentine’s Day!
Here are two simple and sweet ideas for Valentine’s gifts inspired by the gorgeous heart-shaped I Love You, Spot and the New York Times bestseller, Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar. So gather your supplies and enjoy a heart-filled hour together, glueing and pasting and creating a special Valentine’s card that little ones can share with someone they love.
You are . . . the cherry on my cake . . . the apple of my eye. You make . . . the sun shine brighter . . . my heart flutter . . .
Step by step instructions for The Very Hungry Caterpillar Valentine’s card:
- Take a piece of A4 card and fold in half.
- Print out a sheet of the LOVE end papers.
- Cut out five heart shapes and stick them onto the card, overlapping slightly to make the body/head of the caterpillar.
- Cut out six letter ‘L’ out of black card/paper and stick on the body/head for the legs and antennae.
- Add some smaller heart shapes for the end of the antennae.
- Cut out or draw on a heart shaped nose and a big smiley mouth. Add some googly eyes. If you don’t have any, draw them on with black felt tip).
- Add a special message to someone you love and give them their lovebug card along with a great big hug!
Follow these step-by-step instructions for a lovely card, filled with hearts and flowers! You can also print this craft instruction sheet.
Happy crafting and a very Happy Valentine’s Day from Ladybird!